Frequently Asked Questions
GETTING TO AMARI HAVODDA
- Do I have to book my own transfers from Male International Airport (Velana International Airport) to the resort?
- ... No, you don’t. We will take care of all domestic transfers for you. ...
- Are transfers included in booking?
- ... The cost for domestic transfers are automatically added as part of your reservation if you book through Amari.com
However, if you have booked via an online travel agent, you will have to pay for transfers directly with our resort. Please also send us your international flight details so that we can make the arrangements. ...
- What are the fares and what do they include?
- ... Here are the fares:
(2 - 11)
(Up to 2)
|1 Nov '16 - 31 Oct '17
||Free of charge
|1 Nov '17 - 31 Oct '18
||Free of charge
|These prices include:
- Round-trip flights to Kaadedhdhoo Airport by fixed-wing airplane
- Round-trip speedboat transfer from Kaadedhdhoo Airport to Amari Havodda Maldives
- All taxes and charges
- What is the time schedule for domestic transfers?
- ... Here are the estimated times for domestic transfers that will be confirmed one day before arrival and departure:
|From Male International Airport (Velana International Airport) to
|From Kaadedhdhoo Airport to
Male International Airport (Velana International Airport)
- What is the luggage allowance for domestic transfers?
- ... Below is the luggage allowance:
- Check-in: 20 kg per person
- Hand luggage: 5 kg per person
- Is there a charge for overweight baggage?
- ... Regrettably, luggage that exceeds the allowed weight will result in a charge of US$ 2 per kg and may be subject to delivery delay.
Example of excess baggage charges
|(Excess weight for check-in x 2)
||(Excess weight for carry-on x 2)
|(5 x 2)
||(5 x 2)
| Overweight fee = US$ 20
- How do I get from Male International Airport to the resort?
- ... You’ll be met at the arrival area by a representative holding an Amari Havodda Maldives placard who will escort you to the domestic lounge and help you with check-in. You will then take a 55-minute flight to Kaadhedhoo Domestic Airport. Once you land there, another representative will meet you and lead you to a speedboat for a 10-minute sea transfer directly to our island.
Please provide your international arrival and departure flight details at least 7 days prior to arrival so that we can help you arrange domestic transfers. ...
ROOMS AND RATES
- Does my room reservation require any guarantee?
- ... Yes, all room reservations require a credit card guarantee ...
- What are the taxes and additional charges?
- ... The prices we show are exclusive of 23% Government Tax and Service Charge. Similar to all other hotels and resorts in the Maldives, all guests will also be charged a Green Tax of US$ 6.00 per person, per night. ...
- How many adults can stay in one villa?
- ... All villas can accommodate up to a maximum of three adults with a rollaway extra bed or daybed. ...
- Do you have age restrictions for your Overwater Villas?
- ... Yes, we do. Only children aged 7 to 12 years old are able to stay in our Overwater Villas, sharing with parents, provided a disclaimer is signed by parent or authorised guardian prior to arrival or at check-in. ...
- Are king sized beds available in your villas?
- ... King sized beds are available in all of our villas, however our Overwater Pool Villa has four-poster king beds. ...
- Do your rooms have WiFi?
- ... Yes, we offer free WiFi in all rooms. ...
- Are safety deposit boxes available in the rooms?
- ... All villas offer a laptop sized safety box for you to store your belongings. ...
- Do you have smoking rooms?
- ... We do not have smoking rooms. However it is possible to smoke on your outdoor terrace or at designated areas throughout our island. ...
- What are your standard check-in and check-out times?
- ... Check-in is from 14:00 and check-out is up to 12:00. ...
- Do you have a pet policy?
- ... Regrettably, pets are not allowed at Amari Havodda Maldives. ...
- You have Full Board and All Inclusive options available. What is the difference?
- ... Full Board rates offer you breakfast, lunch, dinner, soft drinks and water during meals at Amaya Food Gallery. If you book our All Inclusive option, you will also enjoy a selection of beers, wines, liquors and cocktails from 10:00 to midnight at Amaya Food Gallery or Thari Bar. ...
- Is vegetarian cuisine available in the restaurants?
- ... Yes, a selection of vegetarian dishes is available. ...
- What time is room service from?
- ... Room service is available from 07:00 -23:00 daily. ...
TRAVELLING WITH CHILDREN
- What facilities do you have for children?
- ... We have a swimming pool, a range of games and activities and a special menu for children. ...
- Is a baby-sitting service available?
- ... Yes, this service is available on request with 24 hour notice. ...
- Are baby cots available?
- ... Baby cots are available on request. ...
- Are high chairs available your restaurants?
- ... Yes, they are. ...
FACILITES AND SERVICES
- Do you have medical services available?
- ... Yes, we do at our resort’s Health Clinic. ...
- Is there somewhere I can buy souvenirs or basic conveniences?
- ... Yes, there’s a gift shop and jewelry and crafts shop at our resort. ...
- Can I book excursions at the resort?
- ... Yes you can. We offer a variety of excursions ranging from half-day or full-day trips to other islands to night fishing trips. Please check with our Amari Host when you are at our resort for more details. ...
- Is there somewhere I can learn to scuba dive?
- ... Yes there is. Scuba diving lessons and trips can also be booked at our resort. ...
- Do you have laundry services?
- ... Laundry services are available with either a wash or iron. ...
- What is the local time?
- ... Our standard time is +05:00 UTC/GMT
- What is your local currency?
- ... The local Maldivian currency is the Rufiyaa. However, the American Dollar is most commonly used so you won’t need to exchange or bring Maldivian Rufiyaa with you. ...
- What’s the climate like?
- ... The average temperature here is around 29/32° Celsius while the water temperature ranges from 24/30° Celsius. The wetter times are normally between May to June and September to November but the water is still warm and the fishes don’t seem to mind the rain. ...
- What should I wear?
- ... You’re coming to the beach so light casual clothing is normal in the Maldives. While on our island, board shorts and bikinis are perfectly fine - you don’t have to feel like you are offending anyone. However, if you happen to visit an inhibited local island, we recommend that your knees and shoulders are covered ...
- What voltage do you use?
- ... The voltage is 230V. We also provide dual voltage adapters which are available on request ...
- Is it safe to drink the tap water?
- ...We wouldn’t recommend it but complimentary drinking water is provided in all our rooms. ...