Frequently Asked Questions
Rooms and Rates
- Does my room reservation require any guarantee?
- ... Yes, all room reservations require a credit card guarantee ...
- How do I cancel my hotel reservation without a charge?
- ... To cancel your booking without incurring any charges, please refer to the cancellation policy within your confirmation email. Kindly note that pre-paid rates are non-refundable. ...
- Do your rooms have Wi-Fi?
- ... Yes, free Wi-Fi is available in all rooms and throughout the resort ...
- What room types do you have?
- ... We have 172 guest rooms in total, all featuring ocean views. Our room types include:
||No. of Rooms
|Deluxe Ocean View
|Deluxe Terrace Ocean View
|Grand Deluxe Ocean View
|One Bedroom Suite Ocean View
- Do you have king-sized beds in all rooms?
- ... Yes, we do. Twin-sized beds are also available in our Deluxe Ocean View, Deluxe Terrace Ocean View and Presidential Suite ...
- Are safety deposit boxes available at the resort?
- ... Yes, all rooms offer a laptop-sized safe ...
- Do you have individual climate control in your rooms?
- ... Yes, we do ...
- What about tea and coffee making facilities?
- ... This is also available and replenished daily ...
- What proof of identification do I need to provide at check-in?
- ... Your passport or Identification Card if you are a Thai national, and your booking confirmation number. You may also be asked to present the credit card that was used to secure your reservation. ...
- What if someone else booked for me and won't be joining on the trip?
- ... A photocopy of the credit card can with the cardholder's signature and authorisation can be presented. ...
Travelling With Children
- What facilities are available for children?
- ... We have a Kids Club at our hotel ...
- Are baby cots available?
- ... Baby cots are available on request ...
- Are high chairs available in the restaurants?
- ... Yes, they are ...
- Where is breakfast served?
- ... At Āhāra Gourmet Gallery ...
- Is vegetarian cuisine available in the restaurants?
- ... Yes, they are ...
- What restaurants do you have at Amari Galle Sri Lanka?
- ... We have 3 restaurants and bars; Āhāra Gourmet Gallery which is our signature all-day dining, the Shoreline Beach Club and Bommu Rooftop Bar.
Please note that alcoholic beverages will not be served during the full-moon ‘Poya day’ festivities or other special days as stipulated by Sri Lankan law ...
Facilities and Services
- Is there a swimming pool in the hotel?
- ... Yes, there is ...
- Do you have a fitness centre at Amari Galle?
- ... Yes, you can work out at our fully equipped FIT Centre ...
- Is there a spa?
- ... Yes, we have a Breeze Spa at our resort and recommend you try one of our Signature Mood Massages ...
- Is there anywhere that I can wait if I arrive early or have a late flight back?
- ... Our Voyager Lounge is available for you and features excellent facilities including complimentary use of showers, lockers to store hand luggage and free Wi-Fi ...
- Do you have a tour desk where I can book excursions during my stay?
- ... The hotel tour desk is situated in the lobby and excursions are available to all the main tourist attractions ...
- Do you have a currency exchange service?
- ... Yes, we do at our Front Desk ...
- Can you help me reconfirm my ongoing flights?
- ... Certainly, our Guest Relations team members will be pleased to assist with your travel arrangements ...
General Resort Information
- How long does it take from the airport to the resort?
- ... It can take up to 2 hours and 30 minutes depending on which airport you are landing in.
Please see distances below:
|Bandaranaike International Airport
||2 hours 30 minutes
|Ratmalana International Airport
- What are the standard check-in and check-out times of the hotel?
- ... The standard check-in time is 14:00 and check-out is at 12:00 ...
- What are the nearby attractions?
- ... The local attractions we recommend are the Old Town of Galle and its Fortifications (Galle Fort), the Dutch Reformed Church of Galle (Groote Kerk), the Japanese Peace Pagoda and Unawatuna Beach ...
- What is your local currency?
- ... The local currency is Sri Lankan Rupee is the local currency but US Dollars can also be used ...
- What voltage do you use in Sri Lanka?
- ... It’s 230V. We also provide adapters which are available on request ...
- Is it safe to drink tap water in Sri Lanka?
- ... The tap water in Sri Lanka is not potable but complimentary drinking water is provided in all guest rooms ...
- Do you have parking?
- ... Yes, we do have on-site parking ...
- Do you provide rooms for drivers?
- ... Yes, accommodation is available for drivers upon request ...
- Do you have a pet policy?
- ... Regrettably, pets are not allowed at our resort ...