Doi Angkhang is not merely a destination for nature lovers, but it makes for the ideal setting for productive meetings and conferences too. Here are some of the reasons why it is so desirable, courtesy of Angkhang Nature Resort.
1. Doi Angkhang is located amidst spectacular scenery, a great ingredient to optimise the efficiency of a meeting and generate inspiration.
2. It is located away from hustle and bustle of the city centre, creating a peaceful and serene backdrop for meeting. There’s no need to worry about traffic congestion or pollution.
3. There is a variety of leisure activities, even adventurous ones, such as mountain biking, hiking, mule-riding, visiting hilltribe villages. Guests may alternatively opt for Thai massage or bird watching and can select from many more pre- and post-meeting options.
4. Doi Angkhang is a perfect location to hold teambuilding activities. There are grounds and space in beautiful natural surroundings.
5. Chiang Mai is known for its well-preserved and charming culture, both in the city and the peripheral areas, including indigenous hilltribes. This is depicted in their way of life, as well as in the unique local products and handicrafts.
6. A chance to visit the Royal Angkhang Station Project. Beautiful flowers, bonsai gardens and rockeries are tended to, alongside fruit, vegetable and herb gardens. Aside from its sustainable support to the hilltribe villagers, it provides a picturesque destination to visit and plenty of opportunity for the budding photographer.
7. Doi Angkhang experiences a cool climate all year round with approximately 27 degree Celsius in summer and winter, but in winter do take along something warm as nights and early mornings get chilly in Doi Angkhang. This novelty of pulling on warm layers makes it one of Thailand’s must-visit destinations, especially if you’re looking to escape the city heat.
8. A variety of cuisine provides a choice of Thai and western specialities, as well as an opportunity to try authentic northern food. In particular, organic vegetables and fruits prepared at Camellia Restaurant in Angkhang Nature Resort come direct from the neighbouring Royal Angkhang Research Station, ensuring good quality and freshness.
9. Travelling to Doi Angkhang is scenic and easy. The comfortable 3-hour drive from Chiang Mai city centre is made convenient and safe by accessible concrete roads, with the added bonus of stunning views throughout the journey.
10. The Conference Hall, part of The Royal Angkhang Research Station, can accommodate up to 140 guests for theatre-seating and 115 guests for classroom-seating, for indoor sessions. It is fully equipped with modern audiovisual equipment. Themed dinners and cocktail can also be arranged.
Angkhang Nature Resort, under the Royal Project Foundation, is managed by Amari Hotels and Resorts. It offers 72 guestrooms and suites with great facilities, scenic surroundings and first-class services, including all-day dining Camellia Restaurant, Lobby bar, internet access, traditional Thai massage, mountain bike rental, mule-riding and much more. The Resort is located only 1.7 km from the Conference Hall or 5-10 minutes by car and also provides teambuilding activities.
For more information, please call +66(0) 5345 0110, or visit www.mosaic-collection.com/angkhang/
| Exterior of the Resort
|| Spacious guestroom
||Stunning Mountain view
Note to editors:
A comfortable 3-hour drive from Chiang Mai, through some of Thailand’s most spectacular scenery, Angkhang is the perfect place to unwind. Developed as part of the Royal Angkhang Research Station, the Angkhang Nature Resort offers 72 superior rooms and 2 suites. Each room is furnished in teakwood, decorated with local Thai fabrics and has a spacious private balcony from which to enjoy the view of the surrounding countryside.
For more information on this press release and hi-res images, please contact:
Director of Communications Telephone: +66(0) 2255 3767
Amari Hotels and Resorts Fax: +66(0) 2255 3718
847 Petchburi Road
Bangkok, 10400, Thailand Website: www.amari.com